Thursday, January 8, 2009

It's Been A While...

My computer crashed two days before Christmas and I just got it back. So Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Happy Birthday Elvis!

I hope you had a great holiday! Our holiday was quite relaxing this year. I guess it was because of Christmas falling on a Thursday that seemed to spread everything out a little more and we were able to breath a little between trips here and there. We bought the boys Rock Band for the Wii. I should say we bought ourselves Rock Band. Mike and I have enjoyed it as much, if not more, than the boys! I must say, I am quite good on the drums! I got a new video recorder so hopefully I can post videos now (as soon as I get it figured out, that is)!

Our New Year was unusually eventful this year! We always go to a bonfire/cookout thing at a friend's home and everyone usually leaves around 8:30. We then attempt to stay up and watch the ball drop and fall asleep on the couch. This year, we left the bonfire and went to another gathering we were invited to by a couple at church. We stayed there until after 12:30, making it the first in 4 or 5 years that we have actually seen the new year come in!! The new year affects me differently each year. Some years I feel like it is so overrated. Other years I feel like it's a new beginning. This year I was kind of indifferent. I really enjoyed being with our friends when the ball dropped but I haven't made any lists of things to accomplish this year or anything. They never last (for me, anyway).

Last , but not least, today is Elvis' birthday! He would have been 74. I can't imagine what he would look like or be doing today if he were still here.

So, the Christmas tree is down and gone. The new year has gotten underway. School has started back and life is back to normal (whatever that is).

No comments: