Thursday, January 22, 2009

Catching Up...

It's been a while. Several people have commented that I haven't blogged in a while. I guess we've just been busy getting back into the groove of things after the holidays. School is back into full swing for us now and that takes up a lot of our time. Pretty much our days consists of breakfast, school, lunch, school, prepare for dinner, tae kwon do, dinner, a little play time and bed. That's about it. I didn't realize how much of a break I needed from it all until this past weekend. Our homeschool moms in our group had a retreat. Wow! That's all I can say. It was amazing! We intentionally did not plan anything, which totally went against human nature for several of us. We did nothing but talk. We played a few games and cooked but mostly just talked. We laughed, we cried, it really was therapeutic. I am sometimes intimidated by the incredible organization of some of our moms. While I do not rejoice in their struggles, it is comforting to know that my struggles are not so abnormal after all; they struggle too.


A few other things I wanted to share:

The boys got life-size cut-outs of Elvis for Christmas (from Nana). They are motion sensored and talk whenever you walk by them. It doesn't matter how many times I walk into their rooms, I am always startled by these things! Lola (our shih tzu) hates them. Anytime she goes into their rooms, she barks and growls and carries on like it is about to attack her or something. It's funny for the first 10 seconds, then it just gets annoying. Thought you might like to see them:



Matthew got the G.I. Blues one:


Tanner got a cowboy Elvis. I'm assuming he played this character in a movie.





Matthew got a grappling hook for Christmas (from Grandma). He loves climbing trees. Well, he got stuck up a little too high the other day and couldn't get down. He yelled for me to help him. I told him to sit tight while I ran for the video recorder! When I got back, Mike was trying to help him down. I recorded the rescue. He was up so high, Mike had to get the ladder to get to him. It was quite entertaining!






Here is one of our cats, Lilly. What could she be staring at?



The boys got a new bird feeder for Christmas!


Lilly sits under this bird feeder all day long! She watches those birds for hours. Thankfully she hasn't caught one yet!




I wanted to share the beautiful view I have each and every time I leave my house now. The neighbors across the highway have moved their horses to the field directly across from our house. We have woods between our house and the highway so I don't get to enjoy them from my porch, but it gives me something to look forward to when I have to head out!



3 comments:

Brandy said...

i like the new background!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, the new layout is very nice...Louise

Paula said...

If I were you I'd take those batteries out of the Elvis stand ups. I would have already had a heart attack by now. Good thing you are still young.