Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer To-Do List

With all of the junk (ummm...I mean yard sale treasures) finally gone, I have been wanting to get other little projects done and finally get this house in complete order. I sat down this weekend to make a list of things I want to get done this summer. Some are small tasks, others a little larger. Some I can't do myself at all (which really bugs me!!) I'm taking the boys to my in-laws for the week to attend VBS at their church and thought this would be the perfect week to plow through my list. I thought by going public with it on my blog there would be a certain feeling of accountability to get it done. So, without further ado, here is THE LIST:

*cut grass
*overhaul schoolroom
*put up clothesline
*clean and refill bird feeder and bird bath
*paint picnic table
*finish Elvis puzzle for Tanner (its spread out on the guest bed and he's lost interest)
*kill spider and dispose of web above front door
*sweep sidewalk and porch
*order coat hangers for laundry room
*clean out under kitchen sink
*sealant on front porch
*strip and paint old dresser for our room
*re-pot african violet
*move Tanner's bed (he wants it on other wall)
*plant lantanas
*clean out storage room
*clean front door
*straighten up back patio
*move Hampton's pen (he's still recovering from being ran over)
*install shelves in guest closet
*clean up office (and throw out lots of paper!)
*organize sewing stuff
*clean back door
*finish painting laundry room cabinets
*organize laundry room
*wash boys shower curtain
*hem T's new pants
*hang jewelry box in closet
*iron clothes
*bathe Lola
*paint and install shelves in office
*cut out dead limbs from shrubs

There's a few more things that, without lengthy explanation, would not make sense so I left them out. I realize several of these things are ongoing and will never be complete such as sweeping sidewalk and bathing Lola but I put them on their anyway because they are things I need to do this week.
So far today I have cut the grass, moved Hampton's pen and cut the dead limbs out of the shrubs. I had done all of that, though, by 11:00. I showered and the boys and I met Mike for lunch before they leave for the week. We got home, packed them up and did a few little things around the house and now it's almost time to leave to meet my mother-in-law. I will go straight from meeting her to our car club meeting and from there Mike and I are headed an hour away to look at two armoires I found on craigslist. One is actually a computer armoire. I want to move my computer down stairs. The boys are getting online a little more as they get older and my computer is now upstairs in my little hole-in-the-wall office and I can't easily monitor what they're doing so I want to move it down stairs but need a cabinet to close up the mess. The other is a cedar clothes armoire that, if I buy, I'll get Mike to install some shelves in to house my fabrics and other sewing stuff. It will go upstairs. Hope it's not too heavy!
So, that's my day and a glimpse of what's to come. I hope I can report each and every day that I have crossed another few things off my list!!

2 comments:

laurel said...

That is quite the list!! I have a similar one...
Keep us posted on your progress. With a whole week without children, I bet you will make a really big dent in it!!

Anonymous said...

You go, Amanda! Great idea to fill up the week while the boys are gone, they will be back before you know it.

Louise