Monday, April 27, 2009

She's 1!

My niece, Alayna, turned one this weekend! I cannot believe she has been here a year already! Time has flown by!
Her party was Saturday and I made her birthday cake. My sister-in-law wanted polka-dots and wanted it pink and white, other than that I could do what I wanted. The small one with her monagram was her personal cake. I think it turned out pretty good!

For her gift, I made her a dress. I made her a day gown when she was born and would like to make her a dress for each birthday... we'll see! I forgot to turn the picture, so you'll have to tilt your head to appreciate it! It turned out very well. I had a friend from church (thanks Candace!) help guide me a little on it but pretty much did it all on my own.

Close up of embroidered collar.


Brandy made me a cute little bow to match!

Here she is demolishing my cake!!


At my mother-in-law's after the party. Is she not the cutest thing?!?!







5 comments:

laurel said...

Wow, she reminds me A LOT of Matthew's baby pictures. She is so cute!!
And that cake!!! You did an amazing job!!

Melissa said...

amazing job...again...amanda!!!

debbie bailey said...

What a lucky little girl to have you for an aunt! Great cake and dress!

Brandy said...

you think the cake turned out pretty good? it is absolutely incredible, beautiful! love love love it!

JenniferJ said...

Dang girl, you should start making baby clothes - that's awesome!