Friday, September 19, 2008

Welcome to my blog!

I finally have a blog! Now, what to write? What pressure this first post is!
I'm not blogging because I think we live this extraordinarily exciting life, but I would like to share some of our experiences with homeschooling, funny kid stories (have lots of these!), etc. It's also a great way for out of town family to keep up with us.

I guess I should start off with a little about myself:
I am not a very good writer (as you will soon see)
I love homeschooling
Fall is my favorite season (I can feel it in the air already!)
I enjoy embroidery
I like to cook
I cannot eat off of plates with pictures
I speed

I had to add that last one in there to make me sound a little more exciting!! :)

I guess this concludes my first post. To all you experienced bloggers: advice, criticism and suggestions are welcome!!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Who cares if you're not a great writer. You are hilarious!!..."I can't eat of plates with pictures." "I speed."

I can't wait to hear more from you, Amanda.

KatherineGreen said...

No fair! I had the first comment, but then I had to go sign up for this dang site before I could publish my comment. Hm, it shows that Melissa put a comment in at 11:15 and I JUST read the blog and there were no comments. It's after 2:00 now. Oh well. Lost cause.

What if the plates are white, wih white painted pictures? What if you could barely see them?

Do some backtracking, Amanda, and tell some hilarious stories about what the kids (okay, mostly Tanner) have done to you in the past. I'm thinking "Monkey, monkey" and WalMart stickers on your .. shirt. Well, maybe that's too embarrassing. I don't know who your reader list is.

Good job; keep going!

JenniferJ said...

I love it! I hope you have a lot of fun with this. I like to think of my blogs for the girls as a digital scrapbook - sure beats cutting and glueing (I say this to my friend the homeschool teacher!). I'm sure the boys will enjoy reflecting on the blog in the future, while those of us afar will be amused by the shenanigans of the Myers menage! :-) For now - more! more! more!

debbie bailey said...

Glad you've joined the bandwagon! I look forward to reading everyday.

laurel said...

I am glad you have jumped in! I know it will be great! It is such a great creative outlet. But, getting comments does become addictive! :)

jennyevelyn said...

i love it! You should post more fun facts about yourself :)