Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Ninjas


The boys had their first public Tae Kwon Do demonstration yesterday at a local healthfest. The weather could not have been more perfect for the outdoor event!
All of the kids did a great job! My mom even commented that the kids did better than the adult class that followed!
The boys have played baseball, soccer and flag football in the past. I think they have learned more in Tae Kwon Do than any other sport. I was a little concerned about Tanner as he is my more active one and not too much holds his attention for very long. But he goes into that class and he is focused. He is in his zone! Part of their pledge says 'and have self control in my actions'. Tanner has learned to control his actions (if only in class!). The teacher commands respect and order but has alot of fun with them as well. They all seem to really like him.
I'm sure we will play soccer and flag football again as there is a local church with the upward program that we love. And when the time comes, I think the boys will be better teammates and athletes because of what they are learning in Tae Kwon Do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this go along with our new life insurance policies. If something happens to me you will be taken care of financially & physically. KIA!

Paula said...

I was impressed at there being so many small children to perform and at how well they behaved and followed directions. It shows that if you command respect, it will be given. Sometimes we as the parents (or adults) are the ones who fail our children.