Monday, March 16, 2009

A Must Read!


If you are homeschooling or even just considering it, I highly recommend this book! We are nearing the finishing gate of our third year homeschooling and I only wish I had read this before I started! It addresses the need we have to conform to others' expectations (a biggie for me!) as well as how our schooling methods are usually a result of how we were schooled. It stresses the importance of really studying your children and catering to their learning style. While it certainly does not encourage a 'throw caution to the wind' approach, it does explain how homeschooling can be fun and how your children can actually enjoy learning. Homeschooling does not have to even remotely resemble organized school to be done effectively.
I know that me having read this book will not make next school year perfect but I do plan on making some changes. I want to be a little more relaxed and just enjoy my boys more. I want them to enjoy learning and not dread their schooling. I haven't quite gotten all the details ironed out in my head yet but I'm already looking forward to next year!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

This is the second time this week I have seen this book recommended. Can I borrow yours?

laurel said...

If we homeschool next year, I might like to read it too. I say might, b/c I have a stack of homeschooling books that I am still working my way through...

Brandy said...

I would like to borrow it as wekll no rush, but I am considering homeschooling and just have a lot of questions!