Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Car Club Christmas

We had the honor of hosting our car club's Christmas dinner this year. It turned out really well. I had no idea of how many to expect, but we had quite the turn out as 32 friends drifted in with casseroles, salads, and desserts in hand. We had a great time of fellowship! These are a few pictures I took. They're not that great but I wanted to show off my guests!


One of my favorites things of the night was when we needed another table and Mike and I were able to pull this table out with 2 benches and extra chairs, throw my favorite linen table cloth on it and accommodate another 8 people in a matter of minutes!



This is my dining table, it seats 8 without the 2 leafs in it. I hope to do a post soon of my house, but you can see a little of it in these pix.




This pic has a shot of my kitchen in the background. I think my kitchen is my favorite room in the house. I love the way it turned out. It was the room I spent the most time planning out when we were building.


This is outside the dining room door on the back patio (that door leads to our laundry room). It is usually cluttered with bikes and scooters, but we cleared it off for our guests. We had 2 tables set up outside and the weather could not have been better!



I love entertaining! One of my friends commented on how brave it was of us to have this many people over. I have been dreaming of these kinds of dinners for years. We finally have a home that can comfortably accommodate a lot of people. God has blessed us with a fantastic new home. It just seems selfish not to share it with the amazing family and friends He has also blessed us with!


3 comments:

Melissa said...

I LOVE your house - it is so very beautiful!!! I can't wait to visit you again!

laurel said...

Your kitchen is a dream. I am so glad your dinner party was a success!

Brandy said...

I love love love your home, it is amazing!